Saturday, July 14, 2012

Glass Jar Project

Okay, so today I took the glass jar that I purchased from the Salvation Army (from Thursday's post) and I "fixed it up".  First I washed the jar (that was a must!).  Then I gathered my supplies.  I used spanish moss, a small bird's nest and a couple of plastic eggs, some twigs from my yard, a tiny clothes pin, and some twine.

Here are my step-by-step pictures so you can see how I put it together.

Oh, I forgot to mention my old hymnal that I found at an antique store.  I use this hymnal often 
as it has come in handy for many projects.  I shred a page in the hymnal to add to the project.

I added some spanish moss to the empty jar and then I added the shredded music page.
Then, I placed the nest inside.  See the little feathers inside the nest?  I thought that was cool!

I added twigs to the jar and then I used a small piece of twine 
and tied 2 of the twigs together.  

I wanted to add a little something special, so I typed (Times Roman font)
a flashcard and printed it on cream colored card stock. 

I cut it out and rounded the corners to make it look "authentic".
I clipped it onto one of the twigs with my tiny clothespins.  

Then, I put the lid on and viola!  

I just have to choose the best place for it to rest....


Anyway, that's one of my Salvation Army finds that I have made over.
Now to get busy on the others!

Until next time, be blessed!

:-) Tonya 

* P.S. - I linked this post to Tatertots and Jello Weekend Wrap Up Party and to Shabby Nest  and Homestead Simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment